ROBERT E. BRIDGHAM – Executive Director – ESVBA
Designed, built, configured and operated a regional fiber-optic network deploying both SONET and MetroEthernet services. Built and configured multiple network facilities including several OC192 rings, multiple 10Gig Ethernet rings and access environments, a public free wireless broadband infrastructure, network monitoring and reporting servers, and network regeneration sites. Including the power, backup systems, network infrastructure, network monitoring, telemetry, and security. Designed, procured, configured, and deployed a virtualization environment using EMC VNX storage, Cisco UCS server technology and backups for the VMware platform.
* Note: Have been providing consulting to the BroadBand authority since 2010, and became a full-time employee in 2013.
QUANTUM DATACOMM, LLC (Virginia Beach, VA) 2012 to present
Present President & CEO
Formed and operate Quantum Datacomm, a LLC in VA providing consulting services to telecommunications and service providers covering network migrations, network architecture, deployment strategies, fiberoptic network design and deployments, datacenter migrations and overall systems operations and maintenance. Manage a team of Network and Design Engineers to operate large-scale projects.
CITY OF TROY, NY (Troy, NY) 2012 – 2013
Consultant – Acting Director of BIS
Provide daily operational support of the City of Troy’s network including the VMware infrastructure, Active Directory, Windows server 2003, and 2008, Exchange 2003, Citrix ICA, system backups using Backup Exec, storage systems including Equalogic, DataDomain, and NetApp. Provided network oversight, purchasing and deployment decisions and usage policy. Designed and lead the migration of staff and the City’s primary datacenter from the previous city hall to the new city hall.
CORNERSTONE TELEPHONE COMPANY (Troy HQ) 2007 – 2013
Senior Vice President – Engineering
Designed, built, configured and operated a multi-state telephony network consisting of 25+ collocation facilities providing business subscribers access to our integrated voice and data services. Managed and architected our Metaswitch softswitch topology, supported and maintained our Voice over IP infrastructure across our multi-state network. Designed, implemented, managed and supported a 20+ collocation network to use varying end-user loops with next-generation MetroEthernet subscriber aggregation platforms. Managed several operational and engineering groups in multiple states controlling network operations, network engineering, sales engineering, facilities as well as budgeting for all operational and capital programs encompassing these functional units.
EASTERN SHORE OF VIRGINIA BROADBAND AUTHORITY (Remote) 2010 – 2013
Designed, built, configured and operated a fiber network consisting of 10-Gig Ethernet as well as OC192 and DWDM. Built operational systems including DNS servers, NMS, VPNs, traffic engineering. Provide daily operational support for the network including provisioning, maintenance, core design and upgrades.
HUDSON VALLEY DATANET (Newburgh Office) 2001 – 2007
Director of Network Engineering & Planning
Designed and operated a 350+ node SONET and Ethernet network. Operate and support Cisco 15454, 15327, 15310 SONET muxes, core Cisco Routers, DWDM systems, and miscellaneous networking gear. Wrote a custom customer ticketing system. Manage fiscal responsibility for a multi-million dollar equipment budget. Wrote numerous processes and procedures to simplify company operations and engineering. Maintained and upgraded Oracle SQL server and database upgrades. Co-wrote and maintain numerous procedures including inventory management and disaster recovery procedures. Engineer all Central Office installations. Evaluate and make final decisions on all networking equipment. Acting Director of Carrier Relations.
FAIRPOINT COMMUNICATIONS SOLUTIONS (Albany Operating Center) 2000 – 2001
Manager of Data Engineering
Responsible to build out and engineer Fairpoint’s data network to provide data and voice integration including interconnection to Internet carriers and phone company switching equipment. Instrumental in deciding network equipment to deploy our “Next Generation” network for a five state deployment. Designed the monitoring-network’s IP schema, established intra-company trainings on all equipment deployed, hired staff to augment build out process, and facilitated inter-departmental cohesion.
ADDITIONAL EMPLOYMENT SKILLS
- Substantial experience with operating and building a Voice over IP network.
- Experience with all major components of a Metaswitch softswitch network.
- Experience with Acme Packets SBC including deploying and maintaining.
- Substantial experience in testing, turn-up and operating telephony protocols and transport including, but not limited to SONET, ATM, TDM.
- In depth knowledge major UNIX platforms.
- Experienced in configuration and operation of Cisco routing gear, from 2501’s to Cisco GSR 12410’s.
- Significant experience with major routing protocols, including BGP & OSPF.
- Administrated MySQL, MsSQL, and Oracle databases.
CERTIFICATIONS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Cisco CCNA Certification (December 2000)
- Fujitsu Flash 600 Turn Up and Maintenance.
- Harris Pyramid 2000 Installation & Administration.
- Lucent Stinger Configuration & Administration.
- SCO OpenServer R5 Administration I.
- President of Selkirk Fire Company for two consecutive years.
- Was published in a magazine discussing Gigabit Ethernet pros and cons.
- National Honor Society.
- Mathematics Award from United States National Merit Association.
Major: B.S. in Integrative Studies
Academic Honors (Inducted into Alpha Sigma Lambda honor society)
Hudson Valley Community College
Rochester Institute of Technology, 1995
Major: Undeclared Science